Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Being a Muslim

"This day have I perfected your religion for you,
completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for
you Islam as your religion." (5:3)

Alhamdulillah, there's not a day in my life have I not feel thankful
to be a born Muslim. However, I must say that my knowledge
in Islam is little. I took for granted most of the time,and there are
questions in my mind which I
long for an explanation, questions which
I am afraid of asking, for it might be answered with a stern warning.
Fortunately, I have been blessed to be able
to open up my mind and my heart to learn more about Islam, the beauty of Islam,
the logical reasoning of Islam, and the many teachings of Islam when I became a
friend to my fiance; we were in our Convocation week; he was still a
non Muslim back then, asking qustions about Islam, which, like many other Muslims,
I tend to conclusively not give the answer. Somehow rather, he made me reflect about those questions,
which I myself had never thought of and some which I myself long for an explanation.
Now, alhamdulillah I must say that I truly am thankful to
him, because he made me realise about many wonderful and amazing things in Islam
which I have often taken for granted. Everyday I learn more, going to usrah as many usrah
as possible (alhamdulillah, I do actually enjoy going to the classes). I am truly blessed
and syukur to be able to deepen my appreciation towards Islam. Although at some point in my life I
feel that life is ordinary, but learning more about Islam made me feel proud of being
a Muslim.
Islam is indeed, the perfect religion.


Lessons learnt. Never ignore questions that lingers in your head, you are free to ask,
free to accept and free to follow as long as it is not against the teachings of Quraan
and Sunnah :)

May Allah guide us all, Insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment