Friday, April 17, 2009

well of course

Last thursday I went to FRIM with my supervisor, alhamdulillah I managed to meet up with Prof E.Soepadmo, an ex-lecturer from my uni. He is 74 yrs old..we had a good time chatting, all three of us along with a frim officer went for lunch at the malay tea house. We talked and prof made some jokes, reminiscing those days in uni.. It was a good place to chill, the ambience is just nice...well, for me at least until I went up to the counter...it was horrifying, I saw a number of ants (big ones) crawling inside the container of local delicacies/'kuih muih'...I couldn't understand why can't they maintain the cleanliness of the place.

It was as simple as keeping it closed all the time. But well of course, 'some' Malaysians are ignorant about hygiene. It is ironic..it is such a nice place to relax, and everything even the presentation of the place is without doubt, deserve a 5 star rating, but the most simple little things (cleanliness) is taken for granted. With the price that they're charging, I really hope they would be aware of this. Sayang kerana nampak ramai foreigner and even our local people come here for their lunch. I am not condemning, but I am fussy when it comes to food and hygiene. Shouldn't we all be?

It is sad that sometimes our local restaurants does not maintain the cleanliness of their shops; admitting they're muslims, but the very simple act of cleanliness constantly reminded by our beloved Prophet is being neglected. I would be more than happy if the owner was there, then I would have politely inform her. Well of course it was a nice place to destress, just don't order the kuih muih. ;p

1 comment: